Monday, September 22, 2008

Week in review...


Okay, so it's been awhile since I last blogged...what can I say, I'm a busy girl.

Anywho, here's a little update of how my week went:

My mom and I had a great time at Sebastian's concert last weekend. We left for Temecula Saturday morning and spent the majority of the day shopping at the Temecula Promenade. While there, we stumbled across a store called C28, a Christian clothing store that sells one of my family's favorite brands, Not Of This World (you may have noticed a NOTW sticker on the back of my car). We were immediately greeted by friendly faces and genuine smiles and it didn't take long for my mom and I to wish there was a store closer to home. Upon paying for our merchandise, the most amazing question was asked: "Do you need prayer for anything?" (I must admit I was taken back by this - how often do you get that asked while shopping at the mall?) My mom expressed an area where prayer was needed and right then and there, the sales rep held our hands and prayed for us. It was an experience my mom and I will never forget and I am thankful for those employees who, without fear, boldly proclaim their faith to those that enter the store.

Our weekend continued at Sebastian's concert, where there was great music, delicious wine and beautiful scenery. The following day, on our way home, we stopped to grab lunch and a movie in Long Beach, where we saw The Women.

There is so much about that weekend that I will always remember, but the thing I will always hold near and dear to my heart the most is the time I got to spend with my mom. We had such a great time and I can honestly say that there is no one else I would've rather spent the weekend with. I love you mama!

The rest of the week was business as usual. On Monday, my family ate dinner at Chick-Fil-A as part of a promotion they were hosting (Buy all the food you wanted on Sept. 15 and get the same order FREE on Oct. 15 when you bring the receit). So needless to say, we pigged out. My brother and I then headed over to our church, where a basketball league is being held every Monday night - a quick reminder of how out of shape I'm in.

My mom and I spent Tuesday evening in Hollywood for a movie screening of The Duchess. In walking Hollwood Boulevard to find a place to eat, I soon realized that a person really hasn't seen it all until they've walked the streets of Hollywood.

Wednesday I got a flat tire. Need I say more?

I attended our church's young adults group on Thursday night. Let me say one thing, it was extremely difficult for me to go to this group alone as I knew no one. But everyone was very friendly and I plan on going again this week.

I then spent my Friday night with 17 high school girls for an all-nighter. We ate pasta, went cosmic bowling and watched Ocean's 11 (our idea of a chick flick because, duh, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon and George Clooney!). We had a blast and ironically, the adult leaders stayed up later than the girls. But then again, Saturday morning was yet another quick reminder of how I just can't handle all-nighters like I used to.

My Saturday evening was spent at a friend's house playing games and watching movies, which always makes for an eventful evening. And finally, yesterday was spent at my friend Dena's wedding, a beautiful ceremony and reception, to say the least.

This week may not be as busy but I hope it goes by fast...I leave for Ensenada, Mexico via cruise ship on Friday!

~Brooke

No comments: