Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Shootin' Hoops!

For the past month, my brother and I have been spending our Monday evenings playing basketball at our church, Emmanuel Reformation Church. The league is part of a ministry outreach and welcomes men and women of all ages to play. There are two levels of play: 'A' being those who play basketball either everyday and/or for a high school/college team; and 'B' being those who play but aren't up to par compared to the A's. I, of course, am on the 'B' level.

The first few weeks were spent getting to know one another and seeing how well we played with each other. So last night, after picking teams the week before, we played our first game. My team did very well and ended up winning by 6 (each basket counts for 1 point, not 2).

Needless to say, I've really enjoyed getting back out on the court again and meeting people from the church. We are somewhat new to the church so it's been great making friends. And more than anything, I really enjoy playing basketball with my brother. It's out little Monday night date!

~Brooke

No comments: