Saturday, August 23, 2008

Answers to some of your questions

I want to thank everyone who has already taken a look at my blog - your support and encouragement means so much to me.

Many of you have responded to my first post via email, text message, or blog comment, wanting to know whether or not I'm currently employed. Although I do NOT have a full-time job at the moment, I am working for Sebastian Sidi, a local musician, as his advertising director and publicist. In a nutshell, I am working to collect advertising from local and corporate businesses to be displayed in a program that will be passed out at his November 14 concert at Downey Theatre. In addition, I will also be promoting the event by use of press releases, posters, and postcards.

I have known Sebastian for a couple of years now, as I first met him while conducting an interview for The Downey Patriot. It wasn't until recently, however, that I started working for him. He is a pleasure to work with and has an incredible amount of talent. For those who haven't heard his music, be sure to check out his Web site or Myspace - he and his band play new-age instrumental scores that are guaranteed to win you over.

In addition to my work with Sebastian, I am also looking forward to possibly doing some freelance writing for a couple of notable publications.

I may not be collecting a regular paycheck - or medical benefits, for that matter - but I'm making sure to keep myself busy. And most importantly, I'm really enjoying it and I'm really happy.

~Brooke

No comments: