In exactly three weeks, my close friend Dena will become Mrs. Marshall, marrying the love of her life John in front of their family and friends.
Last night, in celebration of both her upcoming marriage and her last few weeks as a bachlorette, a group of seven girls got together in Old Town Pasadena for an evening of dinner, coffee and fellowship. Many wouldn't consider such a mellow night to withhold the standards of a true bachlorette party, but we had a great time. We ate at a trendy sushi restaurant in Old Town called Dena House, where Dena ordered the Dena Roll (fitting, I know!). We then went to a coffee house where they specialized not only in coffee, but also in chocolate! The evening ended in Dena's living room, where we sat and talked and laughed.
I'm so happy for Dena and for what God has in store for her and John's lifetime together. I've only been around John on a number of occasions, but I know that he treats Dena right and makes her happy. There's nothing more I could want for one of my closest girlfriends.
~Brooke
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment