Friday, August 22, 2008

It's good to be back...

It's been exactly one month since I was fired from The Downey Patriot newspaper, and for the sake of sparing you all the details, all I will say is that I was heartbroken when I was forced to leave a place I called my writing mecca for more than three years. The happenings of my firing, in a nutshell, consisted of many variables - a lack of communication, faltered assumptions and false accusations. But as I look back on that day, I realize everything happens for a reason and well, it was a blessing in disguise.

So in an attempt to keep my writing abilities up to par, I have decided to start this blog, where I plan to write daily about practically anything and everything. If I come across an interesting article, I will post it. If I have a thought or story or photo to share with you, I will post it. This will essentially serve as my online diary.

I hope you enjoy visiting my blog from time to time. I'm not the best writer and I certainly have a lot of growing to do, but my passion and heart for the art won't allow me to put the pen down - or in this case, take my fingers off the keyboard.

~Brooke

4 comments:

Sebastian Sidi said...

Yes.. everything does happen for a reason. Can't wait to hear all your stories as I'm sure everyone else can't wait either. I feel sorry for the loss for the Downey Patriot. I'm sure they are really feeling the aftermath right about now. As you are probably the most committed and talented writer they ever had!

Rock on!
Sebastian Sidi
www.sebastiansidi.com

Crystal Rocks said...

Oh Brookie! Sorry to hear about your job, but you are right, sometimes these things can be blessings in disguse.
Do you have a job right now? Or are you looking for one?

P.S.
At first I was like "Whos picture does Brooke have on her profile?" Then I realized you dyed your hair! So different, but you look great!
Love you lots!

Unknown said...

I am convinced that for every door that closes, two open up. My God bless you and guide you thru.

Alicia said...

You are such a talented writer Brooke. The DP is the one that lost such a talented writer. You will do well at whatever you do. I also believe that everything happens for a reason.