Friday, September 26, 2008

Cruisin' to Mexico

Last summer, my family decided to board Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Sea for five days and four nights for our annual family vacation (An article I wrote about our vacation was featured in The Downey Patriot).

This past June, my parents decided to board the same ship (this time for four days, three nights) just the two of them. While on their cruise, they caught word of Royal Caribbean no longer offering the three- or four-night cruises starting in October. The rumor was true, as Royal Caribbean will be sending their Monarch of the Sea cruise ship to Florida next month. Upon hearing this information - and without hesitation - my parents bought tickets for the whole family to enjoy a weekend on sea one last time.

My brothers and I didn't find out until they returned from their trip and we were all sitting down eating dinner at El Torito. It was such a great surprise and I couldn't believe they did that for us.

All that to say that we are boarding the Monarch of the Sea one last time today on a venture to Ensenada, Mexico. Although we already took our family vacation this year (we drove up the coast to Monterrey Bay, Carmel, San Jose, and San Francisco), I can't wait to spend the weekend with them again. And I have all intentions of taking a book and getting some down-time.

Have a great weekend!

~Brooke

No comments: