The October issue of the San Pedro Magazine is hot off the press and hopefully on your doorstep if you live in the area.
For those who aren't residents of the city, be sure to check out their Web site - www.sanpedromag.com. I was fortunate enough to contribute two feature stories for this month's issue. Long story short, I met the magazine's editor, Josh Stecker, while reporting at an event for the Patriot (Josh used to also produce Downey Magazine, which has since ceased publication). Upon hearing about my departure from the paper, Josh asked me to write for the magazine, which is funded and published by the Press-Telegram.
I of course took him up on his offer and right away Josh assigned me two stories. The first is about John Mavar, a Palos Verdes resident who has restored and maintained a beautiful eco-friendly home. John and his wife Holly were extremely welcoming and could do nothing more but rave about the changes they made to their home.
The second feature is a profile on Dr. David Speiser, who in his own way is a guru of sorts. The well-known and much-respected doctor specializes in gynecological laparoscopy, a minimally-invasive surgical technique primarily done through the belly-button. To put it simply, he delivers babies and removes uterine fibroids, pelvic masses and ovarian cysts, amongst other things. I was immensely impressed by Dr. Speiser, as he met with me shortly after delivering twins.
I hope you enjoy the stories just as much as I enjoyed writing them. The topics are worthy and the people are priceless and I'm anxious to share the stories of more individuals and businesses in San Pedro.
~Brooke
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment