Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Both a privilege and a right!


I will never forget the 2004 Presidential Election when I was witness to thousands of CSULB students protesting the re-election of President George W. Bush. I remember asking many of my fellow colleagues if they had voted and a surprising majority said "NO." In response, I respectfully told them they had no right to complain when they made no effort to vote for a change.


We all know how crucial voting is, especially this time around. If you haven't already voted, please do so with pride and conviction as we often forget that our freedom to vote is both a privilege and a right. Regardless of who and what you vote for, your vote makes a difference and who knows, you just might be a part of a change we are all hoping for.


Oh, and if you're looking for a few incentives, Starbucks will be handing out FREE cups of coffee, Ben & Jerry's will be serving up FREE scoops of ice cream (5-8 p.m. only), and Krispy Kreme will be passing out FREE donuts when you show them your "I Voted" sticker.


Sounds like a win-win situation to me!


~Brooke

No comments: