After months of searching for a part-time job, I am proud to announce that I have been hired by Macy's! I will be working in the Women's Fragrance department, so if you need to buy perfume for yourself or that special woman in your life, you know who to turn to!
Macy's is one of my favorite stores to shop and I'm really excited to be a part of their team. What's even better is that I will still have plenty of time to continue in my freelance work!
In other news, the November issue of the San Pedro Magazine is out on newsstands. I have two features in this month's magazine: The first is about 22-year-old Cristina Trutanich, a graduate from Loyola University in Chicago, who campaigned on behalf of Senator Hillary Clinton. Trutanich expressed disappointment in regards to Clinton's loss, but supports Senator Barack Obama, who was voted and named the United States' 44th President yesterday.
After Clinton's campaign closed shop, Trutanich went to New Mexico to campaign on behalf of Martin Heinrich, a Democratic candidate for the 2008 congressional elections for the 1st Congressional District of New Mexico. Heinrich claimed victory as well yesterday and has replaced Republican Heather Wilson for the New Mexico GOP House seat.
The second feature story is about local country music artist Sandra Lisa, who has spent the majority of the year working on her first self-titled country album due to release at the end of the month. Lisa said music has been a part of her life for as long as she can remember and describes her sound as "country music with a Latin twist."
Although she takes great pride in being a wife and mother of eight children, Lisa said getting to record a country music album in Nashville, Tenn. was the opportunity and experience of a lifetime.
I wish both women great success in the future as I have confidence we will someday see Trutanich's name on a ballot and Lisa's music topping the charts.
~Brooke
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment