
Veteran's Day for my family doesn't just mean a day off from work and school - it means honoring the veterans who have defended our country and the men and women who continue to carry out that legacy.
My dad, pictured above, was a medic in the Army and we take great pride in that. My great-grandfather, who was in the Army during WWII, and a very dear friend to the family (who I call grandpa), who was in the Marine Corps during Vietnam, have also served our country in great capacity.
With everything that is going on overseas in Iraq, I know it can be difficult to celebrate those who have fought for our country. But putting politics aside, these men and women have left there lives behind at one point or another to establish a country more free and powerful than any other.
Regardless of your feelings on war, our country wouldn't be what it is today without our veterans. I know that I'm very thankful for what my dad has done. And for that very reason, our colors wave proudly from our home.
I love you dad!
~Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment