Friday, November 21, 2008

A whirlwind of a week

I can't believe it has been more than a week since I last blogged! Where exactly has the week gone?

I guess you could say the craziness began last Friday with the all-day preparation for Sebastian Sidi's concert at Downey Theatre. For the past few months I have been working as Sidi's publicist and advertising director, so I was just as excited as he was to get the show done and over with! The day, although long and tiring, concluded with an amazing concert put on by Sidi and his band in front of more than 500 people. I didn't get to see much of the actual performance, but I heard rave reviews from those in the audience. Bravo to everyone who participated in the production.

As the weekend continued and the week began, I was busy writing stories for a couple of different publications. I literally spent most of Sunday and all day Monday locked in my room writing! But stories were completed and deadlines were met, and I can't wait to see them in print.

The beginning of the week also marked the beginning of my training at Macy's. After three loooooong days of training, I am now familiar with the ins-and-outs of my position and my department. Looking ahead, I work more than 25 hours next week - nine of those being on "Black Friday" (my shift begins at 4:45 AM). So, wish me luck!

Tonight, I'm off to an event called "Subterfuge," where a bunch of high school kids are going to throw balls of socks at each other in a dark gym that will have an obstacle-course-like layout. Random, I know, but the socks will be donated to an organization called "Sock the Homeless." This organization provides socks for homeless men, women and children, and this event will not only provide hundreds of pairs of socks, but will also teach the kids that it's fun and important to give back.

Moving on to tomorrow, I will be spending the day with my cousin Kelly, who is six months pregnant! Her husband, Lou, was born and raised in Holland and just recently became a U.S. citizen. So in celebration of Kelly's pregnancy and Lou's citizenship, my family will be heading out to Santa Barabara to visit. It's always a good time with that Dutch husband of hers!

Anyways, I think that's about it for now. I will check in later this weekend with a "Weekend Update."

~Brooke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging again. and thanks for the nice review. Congrats on your NEW JOB!!! It's about TIME!!!!!! No seriously, Good Luck! and Thanks to your father for his services!!!

You're the BEST!!!

Sebastian

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your new Job!
Sebastian