
While most of us agree that the holidays are considered over by January 1, those working in the retail industry know otherwise. According to Macy's, the holiday season was officially over as of yesterday, January 12.
With that being said, Macy's has spent the past few weeks deciding who of the seasonal workers get to stay permanently. Fortunately for me, I was one of those holiday hires that was offered a permanent position. More so, I was also promoted.
When I was first hired at Macy's, I was working in the women's fragrance department. But once my manager caught word that I could work any shift any day of the week, she promoted me to counter manager for Benefit Cosmetics.
It's ironic that I would be placed in such a position for two reasons: (1) I don't have a cosmetology license and (2) I wear VERY little make-up. But as I got familiar with the company and its products, I learned that this is exactly the place I need to be.
Benefit, in case you're unfamiliar, is a line grounded on producing products that are convenient, affordable, and long-lasting. More importantly, the line looks to enhance a woman's natural beauty, versus cover it. All of our products are made from natural ingredients such as green tea and Vitamin E and are water-based, which means our products won't clog your pores, dry out your skin, or cause any irritation.
I've been working with the line for the past two and a half weeks and it really is a high-quality line that is fun to sell and buy. If you've never tried Benefit before, be sure to stop by my counter at Macy's in Stonewood Mall and I'd be more than happy to introduce the two of you.
Benefit counters, after all, are known as "the candy store for faces."
~Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment